Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ahhh....Finallyy.....

After hearing from numerous people who have already begun the PC process, waiting is key. Yes, waiting for everything. I'm not gonna lie, I was not expecting to wait for my actual nomination. And after waiting for 3 weeks, I was a little nervous. I understand it was the holidays, but my god I have been on the edge of my seat staring at my cell phone like a crazy person. The recruiter and I had been playing phone and email tag for the last week and I was a giant ball of stress that everyone wanted to stand 10 feet away from.

So finally, last night I received my nomination email. I almost passed out (thank goodness I was already sitting down) It read as follows,

Hello Kaitlin

I hope all is well. I was looking into community development programs for you. Both programs that you are eligible for are in Sub-Saharan Africa (not country specific) and have requirements.

Program one requires you to be ready to leave from October to November 2011 and states that you need to gain experience in HIV/AIDS Ed/nutrition/malaria prevention. This means working at some organization form 3 months/ 10 hours per month (at least) to be competitive for the program

Program two requires you to be ready to leave in October 2011 and gain experience in agro-forestry, fruit tree production, farming, tree nursery. This means working at some organization form 3 months/ 10 hours per month at least to be competitive for the program.

Both program require you to stay studying French up until your departure. Please let me know what you think you can commit to and I'll place you into the program. Realize that spots go quickly, so get back to me as soon as you can.


I decided to go with program 1, HIV/AIDS education and nutrition was exactly what I wanted to do with the PC. Immediately, I began researching AIDS organizations and clinics in Phoenix and found a few. I hope to secure a volunteering position with them and just go from there! I have 9 months before the its scheduled to ship off, and I cannot wait to get this ball rolling! So if anyway has insite on organizations in Phoenix, connections, advice, or if you want to rant feel free!


Have a good day!


-Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment